I’m a small business speaker who is passionate about bricks-and-mortar businesses, old-school marketing, and entrepreneurship.
How to Get in Touch:
Phone: (646) 504-4092
Email: carmen AT carmensognonvi.com
Recent and upcoming events:
- 9th Annual Small Business Summit, New York, NY – October 22, 2014
- John Jay College, New York, NY – March 12, 2015
- Abernathy Magazine Launch, New York, NY – March 14, 2015
- ICON (formerly InfusionCon), Phoenix, AZ – March 31, 2015
- B.I.G., New York, NY – July 21, 2015
Old-School Marketing in the Digital Age
Flyers don’t work anymore, right? Actually… they do! At this event, you’ll learn why old-school marketing tactics like flyers, signage, and booths are still great ways to reach new customers, and how to connect them with online tools to create massive results for your business.
Urban Martial Arts is a karate and kickboxing school in Brooklyn, NY. Using these techniques over two years, it grew its revenues by 70%, doubled its membership base, and tripled the size of its list.
In this presentation, owner and general manager Carmen Sognonvi will show you:
- How to turn your signage into a mobile marketing machine (no QR codes involved!)
- Why you should never hand out tchotchkes at a promotional booth – and what to give out instead
- How to use flyers to create 100 mini-billboards that will promote your business to prospects in your target market
- The single biggest mistake businesses make when it comes to designing their flyers – and how to avoid it
- And much, much more!
I knew Carmen would be a perfect fit for the Small Business Summit because she’s a darn good speaker, and her old-school marketing topic is such a refreshing departure from the norm. The fact that she owns a bricks-and-mortar business herself means that she can relate to our audience, plus she’s able to give specific examples that other business owners can relate to. Just last week, I mimicked Carmen’s presentation about deciding whether or not to hand a flyer to a lady with rollers – funny, engaging, real!
Founder, Small Business Summit
After having watched a number of Carmen’s videos, I knew she would deliver a talk with practical tips and tactics useful to small business owners – and that’s exactly what she did. Our attendees loved the fact that they left the presentation with very specific action items they could implement that week to improve their businesses. Carmen’s talk was well-crafted and well-presented. As the event organizer, I appreciated that Carmen was extremely easy to work with and very easygoing, despite some technical hiccups.
President, National Association of Women Business Owners South Jersey Chapter
I left the presentation with Carmen Sognonvi with a list of realistic, actionable steps to help market my business better and increase my bottom line. Many speakers I’ve seen over the years have been inspiring and knowledgeable, as Carmen was, but I’ve never left with that same feeling of clarity about what to do next. I am on fire with all the possibilities and can’t wait to implement all I’ve learned from Carmen!
Carmen Sognonvi delivered a great presentation, “Old School Marketing in the Digital Age”. Her preparation for this seminar was comprehensive and met my needs as a new business owner who has recently embraced technology. It was reassuring to learn from Carmen that flyers still do work and that we need to use a mix of social media to reach our potential clients. I left feeling energized and with a clearer understanding on how to market my business.
Rodan + Fields Dermatologists
Where I’ve Spoken:
Here are just a few of the companies, associations, non-profits, schools, and conferences that have invited me to speak:
- ICON (formerly InfusionCon)
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- The Small Business Summit
- Lowe, NY (now part of Deutsch)
- Harvard University
- Columbia University
- Princeton University